Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Art of Being Creepy...

If I were to be completely honest, I would wholeheartedly admit that I have failed to keep my end of the bargain as far as consistently posting goes. Of course, if you haven't been checking this blog on a daily basis, that would make two of us. Or three, just in case more than one person besides Tyler and I read this thing.

But, I'm not exactly an honest guy. So, I'll just explain it all away under the premise that it's been an extremely busy and productive spring break for me, and that to find time to write is a novelty I can not afford.

Sure, that's believable.

Currently I'm sitting in a coffee shop; Brew Daily's to be exact. I used to come here way back when I didn't live at school. You know, about two months ago.

Many a thoughts, ideas, capers, etc. were developed within these gloriously roast scented walls, so I figured spending as much time here as possible would help to pique my creative interests.

About the only thing I've achieved to do so far is down a delicious cinnamon roll, buy music, and witness an event so peculiar it makes a Charlie Kaufman/Michael Gondry film collaboration seem like a Disney Channel special.

I do not understand the female species. That obvious statement leads me to this peculiar event.

I was lounging at my favorite table with some of my favorite people, when we were approached by a rather peculiar looking man, with a peculiar look on his face. He gave a peculiar request to one of the girls sitting with us.

"May I take your picture?"

Of course, I already know what she's going to respond with, which would be something along the lines of incredulistic intrigue, yet feigning disgust.

Oh Jared, you have much to learn...

"Ummm, sure!"

Huh?

When the guy left to get his equipment, I told her that this could only lead to one thing.

More after the jump. ( Ohhh, I feel like such a cool blogger now that I've finally gotten to say that!)



Our gentlemen photographer proceeded to "snapshot" my friend in the bay windows of the coffee shop, followed by some street "candids" and even an alley set.

All of this, of course, under the watchful eye of your's truly.

If anything unfortunate were to happen, I would be the person you would want with you. I'm trained for this sort of thing, you know. Try to beat me in dialing 911 sometime, it ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, to make a long story short, when the photo shoot was over with, he informed my friend that he would get in contact with her via email and once the photos were properly developed, he could begin building her "portfolio". I just think he was building his own special kind of portfolio, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Hmm, that ain't creepy.

After Creeps McGee left, she was given the obligatory hounding as to her actions.

"But he was kinda cute, right? I mean, he's artsy."

Hmm, and Charlie Manson was a family guy too.

Women, you never cease to amaze me.

Jar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, i could totally -push- 911 faster than you....oh im good im good!
-matt