Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Suck Again...

I've been fortunate enough to experience some encouragement from some of you since my last post, and for that I'm thankful; if only because it shows that someone is reading this crap.

Tonight I sort of had an epiphany: I'm afraid of failing.

That's not really so much of an epiphany as an admission, I suppose.

I think this fear is at the heart of my recent trial. I'm afraid that if I make this decision, or it is made for me, it could be the wrong one.

There are so many variables in life. Now, I just have to find out how to eliminate them from affecting my conclusion. At least that's my hypothesis. (A shout out to my science nerds.)

Thinking about this has got me...thinking?

What are some of your biggest fears? What keeps your from overcoming them? What are some of your favorite stories of overcoming failure, doubt, worry, etc?

Comment with your answers.

I guess there are worse things to fail at in life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for a long time my biggest fear was going back to school, what if i failed? even worse...what if i succeeded? wouldnt that then mean that i would be responsible to succeed at other hard things that maybe i will be afraid of? if i fail at school, im in the same spot im in now, but if i succeed then i have proven that i can work hard to accomplish goals, then i have to work hard at all the other crap too because if i dont graduating school didnt mean anything....AAAH...dude someone much wiser than me told me these 2 things that i will never forget...
1. Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is moving on in the face of fear.
2. God cant direct your path if youre not taking any steps...

being afraid isnt a good enough reason not to go back to school and being afraid isnt a good enough reason not to make a tough decision! good luck
see you sunday night..
-matt